Thursday, December 10, 2015

Kingdom of the Little People

kingdom-of-the-little-people
Kingdom of the Little People
How might life be different for dwarves? What kinds of jobs might be more difficult? What types would be easier?

Watch and write answers - What are some of the headlines of the Daily Mail and NYTimes?

Whereabouts is The Kingdom of the Little People?

What kind of reception has the Kingdom of the Little people received from the media?

Watch again and write the missing words - Hi I’m Annette welcome to Kunming,_________  _________ of China. Kunming is the capitol city of the Yunming province of West China. The weather here always ________  to _________ early spring, but I didn’t come from the depths of winter in New York for the weather. I came to check a very ________ and _____________ tourist attraction about an hour outside that people have been talking about for years. A place called Kingdom of the Little People.

From what I saw on TV I expected it to be the Wizard of Oz ___ ________. On arrival I realized what was touted as a ___________ and ____________ theme park was really a run-down, abandoned place that made me instantly feel uncomfortable. This is the Kingdom of the Little People.
KOTLP was founded in 2009 by wealthy real estate mogul Chen Ming Zing and __ _____,___ __________, has since been the center of a lot of controversy. Media outlets like the Daily Mail and the New York Times and organizations like Little People of America and Handicapped International _______   _____________________ the park with claims that it is the equivalent of a human zoo and that it only served to increase negative stereotypes. Even Warwick Davis, the famous English actor of short stature who played Willow has openly __________ ______ ______________ for this establishment. But I wanted to see what this park was really about for myself.

Do you find any of the performances disturbing or offensive?

Which ideas does she connect with these words? listen and write notes
At first glance ______________________________________________________________________                         but I wondered _____________________________________________________________________                   which would _______________________________________________________________________                      but most__________________________________________________________________________             However, I’m not going to lie __________________________________________________________ Perhaps________________________________________________________________________                   Even though_____________________________________________________________________


What are your impressions of residence of The Kingdom of the Little People?

Match the definition, than put the E words in the right sentences. Can you make sentences about the video with them?
Exceptionally               Describes beautiful words                    “I feel I can’t say _________ enough but I love you”
Elloquently                   Makes an adjective stronger                 “Our stores _________ sell Apple products.”
Exclusively                   removes other possibilities                   “Today is an ___________ special day.”



After spending a day here at  Kingdom of the Little People, getting to know everyone, watching their performances, and learning about their everyday lives, I've come to the conclusion that the controversy surrounding the park don't really matter at all. Because here they've found a place where they can really be themselves and in the end that might actually make it a magical kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment